What is a Faucet (Water Tap)?
A faucet is the fitting used in the end point of a plumbing system to control and deliver the water from the pumping system to the user.
Another term for faucet is tap or water tap. While faucet is the more common term in the US, tap or water tap is more common term used in the British Isle and most of the Commonwealth countries.
A faucet can consist of the following components: handle, spout, body, cartridge, aerator, valve, etc. When the handle is turned on, the valve opens and controls the water flow adjustment under any water or temperature condition.
Water inside the pipes in the plumbing system is held at a higher pressure than the pressure of the air outside. It is this difference in pressure that enables water to come up through the pipes, even from ground-level, into your house. This difference in pressure also makes the water inside the pipe ready in motion. Without installing a faucet, the water will flow out continuously from the pipe.
The role of the faucet is then to stop the flow of the water until user wants to use it. When the handle of the faucet is turned on, the valve opens and controls the flow of the water, such that user only uses the amount of water required.
(What do you think of this post? If you have a question, or any thing you want to add, do leave your comment below. You can also reach us at [email protected] If you like this article, do share it using the various social buttons below. )
In the below image you can see the various parts of a tap or faucet in an exploded view. The tap shown is our Dromore Basin Mixer Tap with a brushed nickel finish:
- Handle – Controls the hot and cold temperature and flow (single handle tap) by manipulating the cartridge.
- Button Hole Cover/Indices/Grub Screw – This is a cover for the grub screw which loosens/tightens the handle to the cartridge. It also acts as an indicator for the hot and cold sides of the tap.
- Decorative Shroud – This covers the retaining nut that holds the cartridge in place.
- CartridgeRetaining Nut – Holds the cartridge in place in the Tap Body.
- Ceramic Disc Cartridge – This valve controls both the temperature by mixing the hot and cold inputs and also the flow. When the handle is moved, it moves two ceramic discs relative to each other in this cartridge. This is the main element of the tap. See here for more details.
- Tap Body – This is the main body/housing of the tap. Often they are brass or steel with a plating such as chrome or brushed nickel. This is where the cartridge mixing chamber is, where the inputs are connected and also where the spout and nozzle are.
- Seal, Aerator and Nozzle – This is where the mixed water exits the tap. It goes through an aerator, which is housed in a nozzle and screwed into the tap body. The nozzle is made water tight using a seal. Aerators are used to give different flow effects or characteristics (champagne effect or flow straightener for example) or restrict the flow.
- O-ring – The O-ring seals the tap to the basin so no water can leak through the basin hole.
- Threaded Bar – This is screwed into the tap body and used to mount the tap to the basin.
- Threaded Nut and Washers – The nut clamps the tap to the basin by threading onto the threaded bar. The washers protect the basin and ensure the load is spread evenly.
- Flexible Hoses – The hoses connect the tap body to the water supply. You can see more about them here. Alternatively copper hoses can be used.
We hope this helps you undrstand the various elememts of a tap! Please see our range at www.thetapshop.ie
Tags: basin tap, faucet parts, Tap Fitting, tap parts
About The Author
- Honda civic 2016 modified
- Trolls birthday party decoration ideas
- Mother in law picture frame
- March 24 zodiac sign
Names of Water Tap Parts
- Handle. The handle is used to turn the tap on to allow the flow of water and to shut if off.
- Bonnet Nut. The bonnet nut screws onto the stem of the tap, giving a place to attach the handle via a small screw.
- Stem and Packing.
- Valve Body and Valve Seat.
Click to see full answer
Similarly one may ask, what is the handle of a tap called?
A beer tap is a valve, specifically a tap, for controlling the release of beer. While other kinds of tap may be called faucet, valve or spigot, the use of tap for beer is almost universal. This may be because the word was originally coined for the wooden valve in traditional barrels.
Also, what are the parts of a bathroom faucet? Faucet Parts
- Faucet Balls.
- Faucet Extension Tubes.
- Faucet Handles.
- Faucet Index Buttons.
- Faucet O-Rings.
Also know, what are the components of a faucet?
A faucet is a device for delivering water from a plumbing system. It can consist of the following components: spout, handle(s), lift rod, cartridge, aerator, mixing chamber, and water inlets. When the handle is turned on, the valve opens and controls the water flow adjustment under any water or temperature condition.
Why is it called a tap?
What is the origin of the word faucet, and why is it called tap in the UK? Faucet comes from a French word and appears in English texts in the 1400s. It referred to the peg or stopper in a barrel. When a spigot (a tube) was used to draw off liquid (beer etc) , faucet referred to the stopper in the end of that tube.
Clean, he does not need to be sent to the bathroom, he does not sweat from the heat. now we will make a blowjob. we will swallow this worthless boy.
Tap parts of a water
The guys sympathetically patted the loser who came up on the shoulders, reassuring them with the words that "next time. " The landlord. Suggested that we take a short break for cocktails and other necessities. The girls immediately jumped off the carpet and huddled near the table with drinks along with the guys, not paying attention.Faucet Repairing To Solve Tap Leakage Problem at Home - Facer Parts and Tap Leakage Repairing Tips
But the day was clearly interesting. "Yes, I did not go in vain, it was not in vain," it flashed convulsively in my head, "I must be so lucky. " Meanwhile, in the. Other half of the team, that is, in the female, passions were clearly heating up. Yulka also joined the campaign: Well, drift, girls.
You will also like:
- Delta band saw fence
- 2022 lexus gx 460 price
- Camden county nc dump hours
- Big lots dining set
- 2009 silverado headlight bulb size
- Feliz y bendecido cumpleaños gif
Perhaps the same fate awaits you, Petenka, she said, taking the fur coat from Petenkas hands. "Don't be so strict. We'll think, Elvira, thank you very much," said Sasha and escorted Elvira to the elevator. Goodbye Elvira kissed Sasha and disappeared into the elevator.