Overlord III Episode 4 Review: Giant of the East, Demon Snake of the West
After this episode, we can all agree that Ainz’s nickname should be Papa Bones, after all. Ainz is the absolute definition of ‘fake it until you make it’ and it is god damn great.
Japanese Original Episode Title: 東の巨人、西の魔蛇
Lupisregina is being scolded by Ainz who is trying to discipline her for not reporting to him valuable information regarding Carne village. After pointing out to her the importance of Nphirea, his grandmother, and Enri, he commands her that she should protect those three at all costs. He then goes with Aura to investigate the Giant of the East and Demon Snake of the West. When they reach the nest of the Giant, they realize that he is nothing more than a troll and that the Snake is just a mere naga, on the same level as Hamusuke. After quickly showcasing them who is the boss, Ainz manages to make them subdue to him and asks the Snake to bring all his subordinates next to the warehouse that they build in the forest. Later on, during the night, Carne village is reading their defenses as they are going to get attacked soon.
Lupusregina and Ainz: She looked more ignorant than scared in this scene, to be honest, which was kind of disappointing but I was glad to see Ainz scolding her for being an idiot. He is going to test her very soon. Probably in the next episode, he will make the Snake and his subordinates attack the village in order to see if she will manage to protect Nphirea and the rest as she was instructed.
Aura is a child: That was an interesting development. Although she is 70 years old, she is still considered a child in the Dark Elf tribe which is kind of cute. Ainz thinking about her upbringing, her education, and if she is eating well was just adorable. Okay yes, things took the wrong turn after a while since Ainz was talking to her as a small kid and she was asking honest questions that made her blush. Papa Bones is the best.
Ainz is an overpowered pimp: After witnessing the scene of Ainz hitting a giant troll with a cane, I don’t know if he should be called Papa Bones or Bone Daddy, to be honest…
Themes & Trivia
Naga: It is the Sanskrit and Pali word for a deity or class of entity or being taking the form of a very great snake, specifically the king cobra, found in the Indian religions of Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism.
Ainz sees the NPCs are children: To be even more precise he sees them as the children of his former guildmates. The light novel sometimes uses children interchangeably with NPC. He feels responsible for taking care of and nurturing – this is especially true of Aura and Mare, who have the physical and emotional development of children as well. That’s why he feels bad for Albedo, especially after the attempted rape that she did towards him. He feels like he is at fault for changing her bio in the console and that’s why he is going easy on her (even though Albedo was not supposed to be present in the scene with Lupisregina as she was still in confinement).
Fun Fact: The reason why he was in E-Rantel as Momon in the previous episode was that he didn’t want to be anywhere near Nazarick for a few days due to the attempted rape from Aldebo that in the light novel, have happened a few minutes ago.
In this episode, I realized why I like Overlord and especially Ainz so much. He is not the generic main character that is better than everyone and acts like he knows everything. He is overpowered compared to everyone else. He is also clever but he is not the smartest guy around most of the time. Even the NPCs can outsmart him easily but he never fails to bullshit his way through a conversation even if he has no idea what’s happening, making him look like he has complicated thoughts and is always thinking ahead. Because of all this, he is far more relatable and lovable than any other powerful main character. Sasuga Ainz-sama!!
You ball of flesh
I missed seeing Ainz in action so much. I honestly hope that in this season we can see him more in a Momon form or something because going around as Ainz is probably not a very smart move. I am looking forward to seeing all the amazing plans he has prepared for the future of Nazarick.
Summer 2018 | Anime Info | Season 1 Review | Season 2 Review | 10 Similar Anime
More Summer 2018 anime reviews here on MANGA.TOKYO
Arriving in Ainz's office, he asks Lupusregina why she was summoned. She doesn't know and when Ainz mentions the Giant of the East and Demon Snake of the West, she explains she didn't feel it was worth a report. As she knew but didn't tell him, viewing the information as not important, Ainz is enraged by her laissez faire attitude, expressing disappointment. Momonga notes how she failed at basic communication and reporting to a higher up which would have cost her a job back in the Real World. Asking her what does she know of the village's value, she only thinks it is for Ainz's experiments as he personally saved them and they're toys, but he apologizes for not explaining clearly enough to her; the battle maid kneeling, apologizing herself for being stupid and not understanding. Ainz then decide to elaborate why the village is important.
As Nfirea and his grandmother are developing potion for him, he needs them safe. Remembering the potion, Lupusregina presents the potion Nfirea asked delivered; Ainz while initially enraged for the delayed information, subsides to continue. Ainz presents an inferior New World Blue Potion which expires after a time and is weak no matter how much magic is added, while the YGGDRASIL Minor Healing Potion lasts indefinitely. The purpose of helping Nfirea is to see if a New World native can make YGGDRASIL materials without items or skills from the game. The Purple Potion is an acceptable step in the right direction. Ainz acknowledges his worth as he'd want to keep him imprisoned in Nazarick, but having his loyalty and placed in a tranquil space earns more future rewards from his efforts. Lupusregina humbly asks what purpose Ainz gave to Brita with a Red Potion that time, with Narberal elaborating the circumstances to Albedo. So Ainz plays it off as a brilliant foresight to have her eventually meet Nfirea with the Red Potion, and compelling him to seek out Ainz; Momonga glad he was able to play it off as strategy. Ainz finishes that Enri is the second most important as he loves her and thus chains him to the village, and his grandmother is third due to family relations.
Now that the battle maid is aware of Ainz's plan, she is excused. Exiting, she is heard fangirling over Ainz, with Narberal slapping her to calm down. Turning the topic of discussion, Ainz asks Aura for any knowledge of the Giant of the East and Demon Snake of the West, but the young dark elf doesn't know. Ainz believes they may be Hamsuke's level, so they wouldn't have been strong enough to notice. While Aura could easily send in her pets to be rid of them, Ainz would like to see what kinds of monsters they are first, as he wants to test Lupusregina later on.
Near arriving at the Giant of the East's den, Ainz would like to capture them first in case they are monsters that are unknown from Yggdrasil's Bestiary catalogue. Aura comments on Ainz's kindness, with him replying he is only to those of Nazarick or of worthy potential. As he has Hamsuke and the Death Knight experiment to see if they can grant Warrior Class onto the Lizardmen. Momonga theorizing if a Death knight can evolve into the Warrior Class, it could strengthen Nazarick further, and needing another for strength comparison to see if Hamsuke can get any stronger. Aura asks if Ainz is OK, with him just saying he was lost in thought. Looking at her closely, Ainz asks Aura if she is eating properly, she eats during her scheduled times, and Aura embarrassed Ainz would mention she may someday have a relationship, even though she's too young at age 70. Ainz asks if she loves anyone (like for a date), with her replying she loves Ainz (emotionally), and he reciprocates like a father to a daughter. As he mentions the future, Aura blushes in full red, until he explains it is to travel to an Elven Nation, with her aware now of what he meant and calms down. Upon arrival, Aura has her beasts in hiding in case of trouble.
At the destination, they enter a cave, they find it smells horrible with footprints indicating numerous beasts live within. Suspecting lesser intelligent beings, Ainz hopes they can at least speak. When greeting Ogres, they shout as an alarm and just attack Ainz, but with stained hands Ainz pulls a weapon and kills an Ogre. Ainz tells the remaining Ogres to call their master for a talk, with Ainz lamenting on using such power on a dirtied Ogre. Aura says it couldn't be helped, with Ainz trying to quote Punitto Moe but thinks it could have been Warrior Takemikazuchi; remembering both were pretty extreme. Meeting the Giant of the East "Guu", Ainz notes he is far from being a giant but it wasn't a complete lie. Ainz then points out the Demon Snake of the West "Ryraryus", that while invisible, Ainz can see him clearly and demands he step into the light to talk; the shocked Naga decloaks and presents himself. Noting he is no normal skeleton undead, Guu is enraged to be confronted so he introduces himself; Ainz gives a cordial introduction, but is met with laughter; Ryraryus explains Guu's tribe think long names make one a coward, but the Naga doesn't believe that as he too has a long name, introducing himself as Ryraryus Spenia Ai Indarun. To stop the laughing, Ainz explains he built the Monument of Ruin, and Guu directly challenges him to a duel; Ainz merely negotiates that if they submit to him, they will live. Guu further insults him, despite Ryraryus' pleas, and Ainz offers a 1-on-1 fight to determine who's stronger.
As Guu's attacks do no damage, he attacks a minion to confirm the weapon works; his minion recovers with the Troll racial ability of rapid healing; Ainz finds his tactics distasteful. As Ryraryus tries to talk to Guu, the troll ignores him to swing mad at Ainz, who simply brushes off dust. Guu switches to melee attacks, with Ainz using his small staff to deal critical damage to his knee and jaw. Guu regenerates, and Ainz tells him even if one seems like a coward, they are not necessarily "weak". Aura is ordered to hold onto a fleeing Ryraryus by the throat, dragging him like a rag doll, and moving out of the way so Ainz doesn't hit her or Ryraryus. Aura replies it is because his name is valiant and true, while the troll is stupid and weak; with the naga agreeing in panic as Aura is holding him by the throat. Ainz facetiously agrees with this and breaks Guu's arms, telling him he is death; that he brings death.
As Guu panics uncertain how he is losing, Ainz toys with him how he has a mighty name but flees from a coward, with the troll ordering his men to attack; they hesitate to move out of fear, and Ainz noting he broke his word to a 1-on-1 fight, asking why he is so cowardly. Believing he's done playing with the troll, Ainz uses Aura of Despair Lvl 5, killing Guu and all of his men behind him. Ryraryus, in horror, pledges his life in servitude to Ainz; which the Overlord accepts. Taking Guu's weapon, Ainz notes it is a magic weapon which can boost the power of the wielder, and he could give it to someone in Carne. Asking if Ryraryus has minions, specifically trolls, the naga acknowledges he has only one troll. This pleases Ainz, and he orders the naga be freed and to bring his minions to the Monument of Ruin; Aura is unsure, but Ainz affirms he won't betray him.
Returning to Nazarick, Ainz gives Demiurge a food menu for opinion if they'd be good for a man, woman, and child. Demiurge states any human should eat whatever he gives them, and notes Foie Gras would be beyond a child's tastes. Ainz thanks Demiurge for his input, with the Demon feeling unworthy, and asks if his master will bring someone to Nazarick; after being given confirmation, he takes his leave. Ainz receives a message from Entoma, confirming Lupusregina has passed her first test, and Ainz grants permission to begin the second test: to protect the three on her list from battle with her life on the line. At midnight in Carne Village, Enri is awakened by the warning bells of the village.
The episode contains examples of:
- Ainz reprimands Lupusregina for her failure to report about the happenings of the Great Forest.
- Ainz battles Guu, and kills him for his disrespect to his name.
- Ryraryus submits to Ainz and gathers his subordinates per Ainz's orders.
- The Second Battle of Carne Village begins in the middle of the night.
List of Overlord episodes
Wikipedia list article
Overlord is a Japanese anime television series based on the eponymous light novel series written by Kugane Maruyama and illustrated by So-Bin. The series was produced by Madhouse under the direction of Naoyuki Itō, script composition by Yukie Sugawara, and music composed by Shūji Katayama.Overlord first aired in Japan on AT-X from July 7 to September 29, 2015 with additional broadcasts by Tokyo MX, Sun TV, KBS Kyoto, TV Aichi, and BS11.
The second season moved to MBS. The second season aired from January 10 to April 4, 2018. The third season aired from July 11 to October 2, 2018.
On May 8, 2021, a fourth season and an anime film were announced, with the film covering the Holy Kingdom Arc of the series. The staff and cast members are returning to reprise their roles for the fourth season.
Season 1 (2015)
Main article: Overlord (season 1)
Season 2 (2018)
Main article: Overlord (season 2)
Season 3 (2018)
Main article: Overlord (season 3)
Main article: Overlord (season 4)
- ^ abTokyo MX listed the broadcast times as Tuesday nights at 24:30, meaning the first broadcast technically occurred on Wednesday at 12:30am JST. Dates in this article reflect the actual calendar date of the broadcast.
- ^"Staff & Cast" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"On Air" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"Archived copy" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Archived from the original on June 11, 2015. Retrieved July 10, 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- ^Pineda, Rafael Antonio (June 24, 2018). "Overlord Anime's New Visual, July 10 Premiere Revealed". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- ^Ressler, Karen (April 3, 2018). "Overlord Anime Gets 3rd Series". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 3, 2018.
- ^"Overlord III Anime Listed With 13 Episodes". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- ^"Overlord Anime Gets 4th TV Season, New Film Project". Anime News Network. May 8, 2021. Retrieved May 8, 2021.
- ^"OVERLORD". Media Arts Database (in Japanese). Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- ^"終わりと始まり" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"階層守護者" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"カルネ村の戦い" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"死の支配者" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"二人の冒険者" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"旅路" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"森の賢王" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"死を切り裂く双剣" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"漆黒の戦士" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"真祖" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"混乱と把握" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"鮮血の戦乙女" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"PVN" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"オーバーロードII" (in Japanese). Tokyo MX. Archived from the original on April 6, 2018. Retrieved July 9, 2018.
- ^"絶望の幕開け" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"旅立ち" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"集う、蜥蜴人" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"死の軍勢" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"氷結の武神" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"拾う者、拾われる者" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"蒼の薔薇" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"少年の思い" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"舞い上がる火の粉" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"王都動乱序章" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"ヤルダバオト" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"動乱最終決戦" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"最強最高の切り札" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"オーバーロードIII" (in Japanese). Tokyo MX. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- ^"支配者の憂鬱" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 10, 2018.
- ^"カルネ村再び" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- ^"エンリの激動かつ慌ただしい日々" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 20, 2018.
- ^"東の巨人、西の魔蛇" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved July 27, 2018.
- ^"二人の指導者" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved August 5, 2018.
- ^"死出への誘い" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved August 10, 2018.
- ^"蜘蛛に絡められる蝶" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved August 17, 2018.
- ^"一握りの希望" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- ^"舌戦" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- ^"戦争準備" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- ^"もう一つの戦い" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
- ^"大虐殺" (in Japanese). Kodokawa. Retrieved September 12, 2021.
Sasha unfolded her dress and looked at me in surprise, but it's small. I won't fit into it. It also stretches. Take off your clothes completely, you can leave your panties. Sasha began to expose herself.
East overlord of the giant
Hands of Taras by themselves and somehow brutally stripped Natasha naked and squeezed her like an iron vice. Throwing aside the last stupid sock and remaining naked, Taras took his penis in his hand and thrust it. Natasha shuddered. She was already quite aroused and shivering.Overlord III Ainz Ultimate Magic Skill
Myself and inserted it into her. And began strong movements into the sweet depths of her. I gasped with languor of pleasure.
- What is auto memory recall
- Pittsburgh zoo discount code 2020
- Wild betta for sale
- Hole in the wall mathews
- Rv awning complete kit
- Vintage hello kitty pencil box
You. Then let's start with the bathroom, I have already ordered to prepare the water. You intrigue me, ma'am. Then we will continue on the armchair, on the children's train, in the sandbox under the window, on the lawn. But, ma'am, I cannot more than three times per call, and then in the sandbox under the window and on the lawn.