This job will be located in Greensboro, NC as an exchange point for the DLT1 Delivery Station.
Amazon Logistics' (AMZL) Delivery Stations allow you to work part-time early morning or late night shifts.
Amazon is looking for individuals who can thrive in a fast-paced warehouse environment that involves working with and around moving machinery and vehicles. Our AMZL Sortation Associates are the final step in ensuring that each and every package gets delivered to our customers on time.
Pay Rate: $/hr
· Must be at least 18 years old
· High School diploma or equivalent
· English literacy skills
· Be willing to work an early morning or late night shift on a part-time basis
· Associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for extended periods of time, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach
· Managing the receiving of truck deliveries and packages
· Using a smartphone and handheld devices with various apps, and scanning bar codes
· Sorting packages based on size and destination
· Building, wrapping, sorting, and transporting pallets and packages based on destination
· Climbing and descending stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs)
· Working on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines)
· Weekly pay schedule
· Holiday overtime pay
· Basic Life, AD&D insurance
· On-the-job training and skill development
· Employee Assistance Program
· Casual attire
Working in an AMZL Warehouse
· Safety first: Amazon is committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means rules are to be followed
· Changing temperatures : Warehouse temperatures can widely vary based upon local weather conditions, and may occasionally exceed 90 degrees
· Customer obsession: Working vigorously to earn and keep customer trust
· Quality is key: Delivering results with the right quality in a timely fashion
· Be flexible: Associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a fast paced environment
· Rotating tasks : Associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week
· Various noise levels : Noise levels may grow loud at times
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
This post provides exhaustive information on the job description of an Amazon seasonal sortation associate, to help you learn about what they do.
It highlights the key duties, tasks, and responsibilities that commonly make up the Amazon seasonal sortation associate work description.
It also highlights the major requirements you may be expected to meet if you are seeking the seasonal sortation associate job with Amazon.
Please, read on to increase your knowledge of the Amazon seasonal sortation associate career:
What Does an Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Do?
An Amazon seasonal sortation associate acts as the intersection between transportation and logistics and is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that customers that place orders on amazon enjoy a vast selection, good prices, and ultra-fast delivery.
He/she is responsible for helping Amazon provide its prime members and/or clients with their orders within a short time.
In other words, the seasonal sortation associate refers to an individual whose job is to work efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced warehouse environment; working with and around moving machinery and vehicles.
He/she is responsible for ensuring that every package gets delivered to Amazon customers on time.
One of the crucial tasks that must be carried out by an Amazon seasonal sortation associate is to ensure that work environments are safe by following the necessary safety rules and guidelines, such as wearing reflective vests, making sure that the work environment is free of harmful objects and so on.
Since he/she is saddled with the responsibility of ensuring that packages get to customers on time, it is highly important that an Amazon seasonal sortation associate is customer-obsessed and/or customer-oriented.
He/she may also be saddled with the responsibility of organizing stocks, goods, merchandise, and/or packages, inspecting them for defects and damages, and gathering and submitting reports to the necessary personnel.
Seasonal sortation associates at Amazon may also be responsible for checking, verifying, and filling customer invoices to ensure that all necessary details and/or information are accurate.
They may also be expected to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks, and several other moving equipment to transport large quantities of goods and/or merchandise.
An amazon seasonal sortation associate must also be able to give contributions to ideas and innovative ways to improve or optimize warehousing and merchandise distribution procedures.
Some of the required skills and qualities to succeed as a seasonal sortation associate include warehouse work experience and ability to operate the forklift, hand truck, pallet jack, and other warehouse data system.
Others are profound knowledge of warehouse data system, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and customer service skills; strong interpersonal skills, good teamwork skills, and physical strength to lift or move heavy products; strong endurance skills and excellent time management skills.
In terms of academic qualification, a degree is not necessarily required to work as a seasonal sortation associate, however the ideal candidate should possess at least a High School Diploma or GED.
Several years of professional experience in a relevant job position may also be required to be hired for the seasonal sortation associate job.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Salary: The average salary for a seasonal sortation associate position at Amazon, according to Glassdoor, is $32, annually.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description Example/Sample/Template
Amazon seasonal sortation associates perform the responsibilities:
- Organizing goods, merchandise, and/or packages based on size and destination
- Overseeing and managing the collection of truck deliveries and packages
- Handling merchandise and/or packages from small envelopes to boxes weighing up to 49 pounds
- Operating carts, dollies, hand trucks, and other equipment to transport large quantities of merchandise
- Organizing stocks, maintaining inventory, and inspecting products and packages for defects and damages
- Examining and assessing incoming and outgoing shipments
- Examining, verifying, and filling customer invoices
- Ensuring complies with all the necessary safety and hygiene regulations and guidelines.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Job Description for Resume
If you are writing a new resume or CV as someone who has worked before in the position of a seasonal sortation associate with Amazon or are currently working in that position, you can express that work experience by adding the professional experience section to your resume.
With the professional or work experience section of your resume, you can show that you have been effective in performing the duties and responsibilities of a seasonal sortation associate.
This piece of information can greatly influence the recruiter/employer in granting you an interview, especially if the new job that you are seeking requires having some seasonal sortation associate work experience.
You can create an effective professional experience section for your resume/CV by applying the amazon seasonal sortation associate job description example provided above.
Amazon Seasonal Sortation Associate Requirements – Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
If you are applying for the seasonal sortation associate job, here are major requirements you may be expected to meet to be hired:
- A profound and proven work experience, as this will enable an Amazon seasonal sortation associate to perform his/her duties efficiently and effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, since an Amazon seasonal sortation associate will be required to interact with customers and team members
- Good customer service skills, since the job of Amazon seasonal sortation associates revolves around making customers happy by ensuring that their packages get to them on time
- Good endurance skills to be able to perform assigned duties effectively in all environmental conditions, including tough temperature conditions
- Strong ability to work for long hours without losing focus or tiring
- Physical strength and stamina, as this enables an Amazon seasonal sortation associate to transport heavy packages and/or merchandise efficiently from one place to another
- A High School Diploma or GED.
This post is helpful to individuals interested in the seasonal sortation associate career; they can learn about the duties of the role to be able to decide if it’s the right career for them.
It is also useful to recruiters/employers looking to hire competent individuals for the vacant seasonal sortation associate position in their companies.
They can create a detailed description of the position by applying the sample amazon seasonal sortation associate job description shown on this page.
- Home Depot Sales Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Lumber Associate Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Department Supervisor Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Pharmacy Technician Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Grocery Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger E-commerce Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Deli Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Home Depot Cashier Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Walgreens Pharmacist Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Walgreens Designated Hitter Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Walgreens Beauty Consultant Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Kroger Retail Clerk Job Description, Key Duties and Responsibilities
Job Description Examples
amazon seasonal sortation associateamazon seasonal sortation associate job descriptionamazon seasonal sortation associate job description for resumeamazon seasonal sortation associate requirementsamazon seasonal sortation associate skillsdutiesjob descriptionresponsibilitiesroleseasonal sortation associateseasonal sortation associate job descriptiontaskswhat does an amazon seasonal sortation associate doSours: https://jobdescriptionandresumeexamples.com/amazon-seasonal-sortation-associate-job-description-key-duties-and-responsibilities/
- Asus tuf dash 3060 review
- All in one office depot
- Matte black shower fixtures moen
- 2015 infiniti q50 lug pattern
- 1 timothy 6 12 esv
Amazon.com Employee Reviews for Seasonal Associate
Nice company. But better find smth else.
Seasonal Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) - Tucson, AZ - June 2,
Well structured perfectly organized corporation with a corporate culture and a corporate policy. Perfectly made business processes. Good pay. Overtime opportunities. Free PPE (including safety shoes). Some benefits for seasonal employees. Free COVID vaccination.
That is all that can be named in POSITIVE list.
Poor training. Rude environment. Crazy management.
Example. You don't have anything to pack (a jam on a belt, new employee on the line) for 30 min. Your manager can see that you can't reach the rate (packed item/hour). So, he/she comes to your place with a laptop in hands and sorrow face: you are failing your rate. And what? How can you pack 2 boxes per minute if you don't have anything for half an hour? It is a task of your manager to organize the job, not just to disturb you telling - you don't pack anything. Really?
And plenty of crazy staff like this.
Crazy rates. They estimate your job in items (commodities packed). For example, you can pack in 1 envelope 10 tiny items (rings, postcards etc.) - it takes 15 sec. Or you can pack in 1 big box 2 packs of bottled water or cat dry food in big bags. You can do it 1 min. So, 60 sec. In fact 1 person spent 15 sec and packed 10 items, you packed 2 items and spent 60 sec. For Amazon management it means that you are 4 times slower and 5 times less effective in quantities. Crazy approach. Easy to play favorites for management: if they want to fail you, they just put you near the wall with big heavy items, if they want to show that you are cool - they give you the wall with multiple tiny items.
So, Amazon -
Pay is not enough, a lot of crazy staff, favorites.
Are you interested in a challenging opportunity to work with your hands in a dynamic environment under a global organization? The position of a Amazon Sortation Associate might be a great option for you!
Amazon is a world-renowned brand heavily involved in shipment, delivery services, packaging, and several more logistical functions. Sortation Associates are a key part of the continuously being run at Amazon and present a great career opportunity for those interested in manual labor and who have an eye for detail.
Continue reading to find out more about the skills you may need to qualify as an Amazon Sortation Associate. Details about the job description, salary expectations, and duties will also be highlighted. The article also touches on how you can become a Sortation Associate for Amazon.
Amazon Sortation Associate – Skills, Qualifications and Requirements
There are several skills, qualifications, and requirements that Amazon seeks before it can employ individuals for various roles. As previewed, the role of a Sortation Associate is physically demanding and requires a certain type of skill set for someone to perform the required tasks effectively.
You must be at least 18 years of age to qualify for the Sortation Associate position at Amazon. Additionally, you have to be a holder of at least a High School Diploma, General Education Degree (GED), or an equivalent qualification. This will raise your chances of being selected and hired for the role. Previous experience in a similar role will place you at an advantage. However, it is not compulsory and does not guarantee success in getting the role.
You will likely be working in team settings mostly. Interpersonal skills are highly beneficial because a Sortation Associate is expected to communicate with co-workers and team members. A customer-oriented mindset is also important for the position because this helps promote and ensure quality assurance and care for the products transported throughout the operations.
Aspiring Sortation Associates must have excellent time management and organization skills to increase efficient performance on the job as it takes place in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. One must be proficient in speaking, reading, and writing in English because there will be a lot of verbal and written communication that a Sortation Associate will be involved in.
As the job involves strenuous manual labor, candidates for the Sortation Associate role must be deemed physically capable and fit enough to carry out the numerous demanding tasks that occur on the job. You must be able to lift, move, and carry packages that are as heavy as at least 50 pounds. You must also be prepared to be working on your feet for lengthy periods, from about 6 to 12 hours.
A Sortation Associate will encounter several types of equipment when handling the merchandise on the job, such as forklifts. Someone who is in this position must be able to operate the many given tools. The ability to operate and use warehouse data systems is also important for the job. Prospective Sortation Associates may be offered training on operating the equipment that is used on the job.
You must be quick on your feet and able to cope in a deadline-oriented environment. Flexibility in working hours, job tasks, and duties is a favorable attribute as business demands, and merchandise volumes fluctuate throughout the year. Additionally, you must be comfortable working on a mezzanine of about 40 feet high as the job may require you to operate in locations with such characteristics.
Observational and problem-solving skills are valuable in the role of a Sortation Associate because you must be able to identify and quickly rectify any hazards or disruptive occurrences that surface during operations or in the general working space. Teamwork skills are a desirable addition because you need to be able to collaborate with co-workers and work effectively as a team.
Now that we have established the important requirements, skills, and qualifications that an aspiring Sortation Associate needs to have, we will now dig deeper into the job description.
A Sortation Associate receives, moves, and prepares inventory and packages effectively and efficiently to meet client expectations, company standards, and assigned deadlines. You can expect to undertake a range of warehouse activities and rotate numerous tasks.
Amazon Sortation Associates is responsible for moving and organizing merchandise for customers before delivering to their intended destinations. You mainly work at the warehouse building and will likely work in Inbound and Outbound departments, delivery stations, Fulfilment Centers and Sortation Centers. The position can be full-time, part-time, seasonal, or temporary.
As an Amazon Sortation Associate, you will be sorting and moving packages and products of varying quantities and characteristics around your assigned facility. The goods that Sortation Associates assemble and arrange are then allocated accordingly in Sortation Centers. One must be prepared to be flexible with their working schedule as overtime may be requested occasionally.
The role also requires the building and assembling of pallets and the loading of merchandise onto pallets. The Sortation Associate prepares inventory, prepares packages for shipment, and deals with return orders and value-added services. You will manage and deal with merchandise from varying product lines and be careful when carrying and moving packages around.
Sortation Associates are expected to operate machinery and equipment, such as hand trucks, hand-held printers, scanners, and computers when moving packages around. The role is physically demanding and involves repetitive manual tasks such as lifting, pulling, and pushing heavy packages consecutively or unloading packages from containers and onto rotating conveyors or continuously going up and down flights of stairs.
You will also be working in relatively noisy environments and will be provided with hearing protection if required. Amazon Sortation Associates are expected to be work under varying temperature conditions which range from as low as 60 degrees to as high as 90 degrees – if not higher. Employees must be able to communicate still and work effectively under such conditions.
Sortation Associates must also be able to take the initiative in contributing to warehouse procedural improvements and innovative ideas to increase the efficiency of the operations. You are expected to work for long and/or flexible hours while maintaining motivation and drive.
Safety is important, and there are practices and procedures put in place to ensure the risk of injuries and damages is minimized as much as possible. Amazon provides gear, safety provisions, and rules to promote safety in the workplace.
Quality assurance is also taken seriously, so Sortation Associates are encouraged to be detail-oriented in ensuring merchandise is well kept, maintained, and transported securely and protectively. Employees must abide by safety guidelines, quality standards, and a Minimum Acceptable Performance Standard known as MAPS.
After reviewing a Sortation Associate job description, we will now look into the compensation, remuneration, and basic salary expectations for a Sortation Associate working at Amazon.
An Amazon Sortation Associate earns an annual average salary of a range of about $22, to $32, You can expect to earn a range of about $5 to $24 per hour with a weekly pay schedule. The average expected earning rate is estimated to be about $16 per hour.
Sortation Associates at Amazon, on average, work from about 20 to 24 hours a week. They offer an Employee Assistance Program and special training on the job. Additional benefits include holiday and overtime pay, (k) with company match, basic life, and AD&D insurance.
Next, the article highlights what the job of a Sortation Associate entails by listing the range of duties that one can expect to carry out in this position.
The following are the duties of an Amazon Sortation Associate:
- Scanning and inspecting merchandise and packages to ensure there are no damages and meet the given standards and customer expectations.
- Abiding by Amazon’s internal procedural standards and regulations while also following and applying safety guidelines.
- Sorting packages and inventory according to their intended locations and measurements.
- Moving products and packages to designated locations quickly and efficiently.
- Overseeing shipment that is inbound and outbound.
- Managing collection of
- Assembling, wrapping, transporting, and sorting pallets with respective merchandise.
- Packing merchandise into appropriate packaging.
- Relocating packages.
- Checking, authenticating, and completing customer invoices to enhance accuracy.
- Operating machinery, carts, hand trucks, and dollies to move high quantities of merchandise from one point to another.
- Maintaining cleanliness of the warehouse and ensuring the warehouse environment is kept organized.
- Removing or addressing identified hazards in the warehouse or general workplace to establish a safe working space.
- Organizing and submitting reports to supervisors.
- Receiving packages and managing the collection of inventories that are transported to the warehouse.
- Organizing packages to be ready for delivery and shipment promptly.
- Overseeing and processing instructions for package returns.
All the listed duties are expected to be executed relatively quickly while also upholding the utmost care for handling several types of packages. Amazon Sortation Associates are required to work effectively and efficiently in all their tasks.
Next, if you are keen to find out how to apply for the job, the process you can follow is discussed.
How to Become an Amazon Sortation Associate
Amazon has an online application process for those who are interested in joining the company. All you have to do is go to their careers website and seek your desired job to see if there are openings, and you will then be taken through an online application procedure.
More in-depth instructions on how to apply to become a Sortation Associate for Amazon are as given below:
- Go to their careers website by following the given link: https://www.amazon.jobs.
- There will be a Search Box where you can type in keywords or the specific role you are searching for. Type in “Sortation Associate” in the given Search Box.
- Below the Search Box is a Location Box where you can type in your location or any location you would like to work in. You can choose to fill in the box with your specified location or leave it blank.
- There is a Search button you may click after you have filled in your job search preferences. Click the Search button to start browsing through the results to find your most preferred opening for Sortation Associate.
- After browsing through the list of job openings, select a position that you feel best fits your preferences and click “Apply Now,” which will be next to the title of the position.
- You will then be asked to create a profile if you are new to the careers site or log in if you already have a profile on the website.
You will be requested to provide some of your details and information so the company can learn more about your experience and background. Next, you will be prompted to complete an online assessment and select your most preferred shift. You will then be emailed a link to a Virtual Job Preview for your selected role of Sortation Associate. The video will be 30 minutes long and will overview the next steps you will take in the hiring process and what your it looks like to work in the position you applied for.
Progressing from this, you will be invited by appointment to a face-to-face meeting called an Office Hours appointment. You are requested to carry your proof of identity and employment eligibility to this in-person appointment.
Following the previous steps, you will receive instructions from KNET for an Online New Hire Orientation. This orientation will enlighten you and teach you more about working at Amazon and shed light on what you can expect from your experience. If you can proceed from there, you will receive your official schedule to begin working with Amazon shortly after.
Amazon also hires seasonal or temporary Sortation Associates if permanent positions are not available or during peak business periods. Seasonal or temporary hires have the opportunity to earn a permanent position if they perform well in their time with Amazon by adapting well to the organization’s work environment and delivering quality work.
You may also go through background and/or drug tests before Amazon can officially hire you. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities.
By now, you should be able to decide whether or not you are interested in becoming a Sortation Associate and whether you would like to pursue the job at Amazon.
Becoming an Amazon Sortation Associate
If you are interested in becoming an Amazon Sortation Associate, this article’s purpose was to help guide and inform you of your decision. After highlighting what the job entails, what salary expectations there are, and how you can apply for the position, we hope you feel much more informed on your decision or interest in being an Amazon Sortation Associate.
Good luck with the path you decide to take!
Sortation associate amazon seasonal
Part-Time Seasonal Sortation Associates
Sort it. Wrap it. Ship it. Own it. Sounds a little like a game, but it's Amazon's game - that is if you're in one of our high-speed, high-tech sortation centers. Ready to play, join the team today! Amazon is looking for Part-Time Associates to join the team at our sortation center in Aurora, CO.
Things you should know about working in an Amazon Sortation center:
-Safety, it's more than wearing a reflective vest. We're committed to providing one of the safest work environments, which means stretching, safety tips, and yes following the rules. -Customer-obsession. It makes your day to make someone else happy. Quality is key. You have high standards, and it shows in your work. We'll hold you to it, but only because we know our associates can handle it. -Can you hear me now? Noise level varies and can sometimes be loud. -Cool with Casual. A relaxed dress code means it's Casual Friday, every day. -We like to keep you on your toes, associates will rotate tasks multiple times throughout the week. -Amazon lets customers order whatever they need, whenever they need. Flexibility is key, associates should be open to extra hours, time off, and a rapid pace. -Temperature in the sort center may vary between 60 and 90 degrees, and will occasionally exceed 90 degrees.
Got it? Okay, but what will you actually be doing?
-Sorting packages based on size and destination, it can be a little like Tetris with boxes, envelopes and pallets. -Pumped up kicks. You'll stand in one place for extended periods of time, and be walking a good distance around the facility - good shoes are a must! -Building pallets, wrapping pallets, transporting pallets with pallet jack, and sorting packages and pallets. Did someone say pallets? -All hands on deck! You can expect to handle packages from small envelopes to boxes ranging up to 49 pounds. -On the move - you should be willing and able to operate carts, dollies, hand trucks and other moving equipment to move large quantities of merchandise. -Potential opportunity to operate PIT equipment, special training is offered to associates based on interest and availability. -'Round we go. Associates will be manually wrapping finished pallets, which means moving in a sideways, circular motion several times in a row. You've got your head on straight, we think you can handle it.
Hourly Pay Rate: Earn up to $13 Per Hour (Subject to shift availability)
Let's sweeten the deal
-Weekly pay schedule -Holiday overtime pay -Basic Life, AD&D insurance after 30 days -On-the-job training and skill development -Employee Assistance Program
We want you to join the team if you can check these boxes:
-Blown out the candles - you are at least 18 years old. -Flex, not just your muscles - you don't mind a curve ball every once in a while and you can be flexible in responsibilities. -You are willing and able to work extra hours as required - bringing smiles to our customers doesn't take time off. -Let's get physical - associates must, with or without reasonable accommodation, be able to lift up to 49 pounds, stand/walk for up to hours, and be able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach -Step it up - be able to continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs) -Must be able to work on a secure mezzanine at a height of up to 40 feet (applies to buildings with mezzanines) -Must be willing and able to work on powered equipment-for example forklift or cherry picker
Basic Qualifications (because compliance asked us nicely to list these out)
-Must be at least 18 years old -English literacy skills
If you've read this far, we think you're ready. Agree? Apply now!
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Come see us for On-the-Spot Job Offer Events!
Amazon Fulfillment Center - Recruiting Office East 19th Ave - Aurora, CO
November 6: 9am to 3pm November 7: 3pm to 4pm November 8: 9am to 7pm November 9: 9am to 2pm November 9am to 3pm
Although it was late, no one wanted to sleep. The fun went on. Not to say that I was drunk, but it was difficult to call me sober, so I went to another room and lay down to rest a little and.
You will also like:
- Old gmc dually for sale
- 2007 chevy silverado side mirror
- Apartments near san luis obispo
- Hays county appraisal district search
- 2013 dodge journey oil cooler
- Crochet hair styles 2019
- Oculus rift s setup
- Squeeze tubes for dog training
She only moaned to the rhythm of the jolts that shook her beautiful body. However, the guys seemed to be masters of their craft and, as if on command, they began to make their thrusts in one powerful rhythm, again driving her to the top. Of pleasure. This time they were able to pull out of her only a long, drawn-out groan and an instinctive squeeze of their breasts.